Wednesday 6 June 2012

I cannot lead you into battle. I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else - I can give my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations.

Yes here comes another blog post about good old queenie :)

I thought i'd share a few pictures of what i have been doing this lovely jubilee weekend, yes there will be pictures of union jack bunting which i know everyone is abit cringy about seeing after watching four days of patriotic shows of affection, but i have to say i have loved it. I never imaged the queen would get such a reception i mean yes she is very popular and i have a love for royal history but i truly amazed me how people came out to celebrate the diamond jubilee i guess a off people actually got how truly historical a diamond jubilee is as we are not likely to ever see one again (not in my lifetime).





































































I have to say my highlight even though i did sit through four hours off boats on the Thames and from 9am to her speech at 6pm of the thanksgiving ceremony and parade :) was the lighting of the beacons yes i know if you also went the size might not have grabbed you but i have to say where they lit the beacon here is where we climb to every good Friday so i was not exited for the hike up there when it was freezing but when i got to the top i think i actually wowed. Seeing the sun set behind the pike is a sight also looking down to your little town makes you feel small i might as well show you what i mean. But the amount of spirit you coming together from the surrounding boroughs was very inspiring.



















































































where is the lit beacon you ask i have a few pictures but it was pretty windy and i had to take all  these pictures with the trusty iPhone.














































































There everything :) i am sad i got to no street party but you never know we could take it to another jubilee??
And to finish off the the post we have to have a picture of the queen, this was taken earlier in the year when i went to York love these pictures.
reign many more years ma'am.



No comments :

Post a Comment